Since I’ve been here for my first time, I wanted to shoot everything nice and cool I saw on the streets and I noticed how much I things here impressed me, and how many times I shouted out “Oh I love it!” loudly. Now, ten things that I remember I said I loved 😀
10 Reasons why I love America: (non-specific order)
1. The Food. I mean, not that Switzerland had no food or something at all, but they have Twinkies, Nerds, so many colourful sorts of cereals, so much fastfood *.* , frozen yogurt, so many chips and Oreos all over the place.
2. The cars. I haven’t seen so many Cadillacs, Lincoln and Cryslers and limousines in my life. Everytime a limousine passes me, my inner cinema imagines a Blair and Chuck sitting in there, sipping champagne and wearing extravagant clothes…
3. The streets. I love how easy the streets are arranged here. The grid plans, I think they’re called that way, make it much easier for a foreigner or tourist or someone like me who just sucks at reading maps, to find certain places. And it’s perfectly arranged for a walk so you don’t get lost.
4. The people. Every greeting, every “Hey how are you doing?” and every “Take care!” makes me feel better and actually enjoying the day more. When just random cashiers and staff wishing you to have a nice day, you will smile slightly and wish them the same. I really enjoyed that, and because of that i got the feeling that I was welcomed.
5. The malls and departement stores.
“This is big.” – Macys.
Really, I love being in them. Sparkling vitrines, rustling new bags, the smell of leather shoes, fashionable hats everywhere, handbags, tick-tocking of high heels on a wooden floor, the silent ringing of the entrance bell. But sometimes I feel a littlebit lost in between all those clothes, I don’t know where to look at or where to even begin looking. (:
6. The fashion. As I mentioned the malls, I should’ve mentioned fashion. Really, clothes here are just utterly fabulous. I mean if you look in the right places for clothes. I never knew I could be buying so many clothes in one day. And the shoes. THE SHOES! ❤ And all these fancy dressed people on the streets, sometimes I have to force myself not to stop and ask them for a picture.
7. The magazines. They really are better then the ones you can get in Switzerland. I mean, for teens – Bravo, Yeah!, Heyy! and magazines like that, just don’t have the flair, if you know what I mean. Reading Seventeen or Teen Vogue just makes more fun and you get more for your money than just gossip about lates celebrity scandals. And the fact that in Switzerland you would have to pay about ten swiss francs for something like these, and here because they are teen-mags just about 2.99$ makes me really think about it.
8. The language. I love the English language. Alright, I have to admit, I adore the British English. Everything said with that accent just sounds more reasonable and classy. But English anyways better then German… German just sounds so harsh and awkward compared to English or even French. And French I just don’t like because all of the grammar stuff. I mean, srsly France? Exceptions over exceptions over special cases. But the language itself is so romantic and beautiful.
9. The New York Style Original Bagel Crisps ❤ Nothing more to add.
10. Wifi. Wifi everywhere. In restaurants, at the airport, cafés, subway – just cool. Makes me want to stay there longer as needed, everytime.
There’s wifi everywhere here. Free wifi. *:*